Edible silver leaf/paper/Tobok is a silver product that is used to garnish food items.
It is made of pure silver or sometimes a mixture of gold and silver.
- Edible silver leaf is a silver product that can be used to decorate food.
- Edible silver leaf is used to bring a glamorous element to a dish. The flakes add a silver glimmer to the tops of candies and cupcakes.
- It is one of the world’s priciest foods, but considering it is real silver , the sheets and flakes are relatively inexpensive. It is important to buy quality silver leaf as cheaper versions contain impurities.
- silver does not have any taste, does not tarnish or expire, and does not react inside the body, making it perfectly safe for oral consumption.
- Edible silver leaf does not have any taste at all.
- This food decoration is only used for its luxurious and shiny appearance, and to add a festive and impressive touch to a dish.
- Edible silver leaf is mainly used in desserts and sometimes cocktails, but once in a while, it is part of a savory recipe, such as risotto and sushi, raising the dish to a more elegant and extravagant level.