Edible gold leaf/ paper/ Tobok is a gold product that is used to garnish food items.
It is made of pure gold or sometimes a mixture of gold and silver.
- Edible gold leaf is a gold product that can be used to decorate food.
- Edible gold leaf is used to bring a glamorous element to a dish. The flakes add a gold glimmer to the tops of candies and cupcakes.
- It is one of the world’s priciest foods, but considering it is real gold, the sheets and flakes are relatively inexpensive. It is important to buy quality gold leaf as cheaper versions contain impurities.
- Gold does not have any taste, does not tarnish or expire, and does not react inside the body, making it perfectly safe for oral consumption.
- Edible gold leaf does not have any taste at all.
- This food decoration is only used for its luxurious and shiny appearance, and to add a festive and impressive touch to a dish.
- Edible gold leaf is mainly used in desserts and sometimes cocktails, but once in a while, it is part of a savory recipe, such as risotto and sushi, raising the dish to a more elegant and extravagant level.