Potato Starch -250gm
- Potato starch is starch extracted from potatoes.
- The cells of the root tubers of the potato plant contain leucoplasts.
- To extract the starch, the potatoes are crushed, and the starch grains are released from the destroyed cells.
- The starch is then washed out and dried to powder.
- Potato starch is a versatile ingredient that’s typically used to thicken and improve the texture of foods, like puddings, sauces, and baked goods.
- It may also boost certain aspects of health, such as digestion, immune health, and blood sugar control, when used as a supplement.
- Much like cornstarch, potato starch is used to thicken soups, sauces and pie fillings. It’s also an essential part of gluten free baking.