MDH SAMBHAR MASALA
Spices blend for South Indian Curry
MDH Sambar Powder is a mix of sweet-smelling spices & herbs that were usually used for making sambar, a dish that is necessary part of south Indian diet. It will be served with idli, chappathi, rice etc.
- Wash & dress 500g. vegetable like egg plant, drum sticks, marrow, potatoes, peas, cauliflower etc.
- Boil 200g. Toor dhal in 800ml water for 40 minutes.
- Retain water. Soak 50g. tamarind in 100ml. warm water for 30min. & extract pulp. Sieve & transfer into boiled dhal.
- Separately fry 100g. coarsely chopped red onions & 100g chopped tomatoes.
- Add the vegetable, 20g. Sambhar Masala, salt & stir fry for 5min. Transfer boiled dhal along with water & simmer for 20min.
Ingredients : Coriander seeds, Turmeric, Cumin, Red Chillies, Iodised Salt, Fenugreek Seeds, Rai, Mustard, Black Pepper, Cassia, Dried Ginger, Cardamom Amomum, Nutmeg, Cloves, Mace, Asafoetida.